The mitigation strategies employed by the Environment & Community Department to prevent meteorological conditions from enhancing blasting impacts include:
- Notification to neighbouring mines, and community members are undertaken prior to all blasts fired.
- Closure of Lemington Road for all blasts (as required),
- Undertake an inversion assessment based on a full day predictive model for the Hunter Valley (ENVMET).
- Real time meteorological data monitoring using an onsite weather station is used to monitor wind speed and direction,
- A network of dust monitoring cameras to capture and monitor blasting activities.