Glencore is committed to delivering positive and lasting social and economic benefits in the regions where we operate.
We support a comprehensive Community Investment program, supporting a range of organisations delivering services and initiatives in key investment areas of:
- Capacity building, including education/training, enterprise development and economic diversity
- Additional needs identified in community planning at a local or regional level.
Our community partnerships include:
- Singleton and Wollondilly Primary Schools Information Technology program
- University of Newcastle and University of Queensland scholarships
- John Hunter Children's Hospital Neonatal Unit
- John Hunter Trauma Unit
- Star Struck
- Hunter Valley Training Company
- Queensland Sea Rangers program
- Queensland Art Gallery
- Mudgee Links Program
- Mudgee 4 Doctors program
- Galuwa Scholarships
Ravensworth Complex annually reviews and updates its Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP). The purpose of the SEP is to provide a structured and accountable plan to ensure Ravensworth are able to demonstrate commitment to social responsibility and contribute to the sustainability of the local community. The Ravensworth Complex SEP meets the requirements for community relationships as established by Glencore.
Community engagement involves participation from Ravensworth Underground Mineand efforts from neighbouring mine Ravensworth Open Cut. Long term community engagement commitments include:
- the offer of face-to-face consultation to local community members;
- distribution of community newsletters and reply-paid feedback forms;
- involvement in environmental community days and programs such as National Tree Day with Singleton Scouts and Singleton Shire Council, Col Fisher Park Regeneration with Singleton Shire Landcare Network and the quarterly adopt-a-road program on Lemington Road involving the participation of seven local community groups and Singleton Shire Council; and,
- funding community programs such as the 'Apprentice Day' at local public schools, Gresford Billy Cart Derby, and the Variety Special Childrens Christmas Party.